27 May 2011

More Than I Expected

Surprises make life more exciting and answered prayers remind us that there is a God who is in full control.

I remember crying so hard yesterday morning that my eyes wanted to resign already. I only have 15 bucks in my wallet, 3 days before the next pay day. (Here's the whole story)

This morning, God assured me that He will be true to His promises. But I had no idea what He planned to do.
Not one of all the LORD's good promises [to the house of Israel] failed; every one was fulfilled. Joshua 21:45
My boss called me into his office and handed me a piece of paper that looked familiar.
It was a payslip, of all things! What melted my heart was what my boss told me: "You'll be blessed more than you expected."

My, I hear God in that statement.

He went on to explain what it was. It was a performance bonus!
My first bonus ever! Talk about answered prayer and surprises! This is WAY beyond me!

My God, I don't deserve this. I initially doubted You. But You've proven Yourself faithful and able to provide for me. You surely know better than I!

No comments:

Post a Comment